Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Smoked Chicken Salad

Well, I've barely managed to survive another year of Christmas gorging and my poor body is craving salad - and lots of it! So who am I to deny it...

Tonight I gave my fav salad a slight makeover as I've been drooling over the yummy Danish fetta that has been in my fridge since before Christmas and tonight I could no longer resist.

So here is the recipe:
Smoked Chicken Salad
1 smoked chicken breast, skin removed and discarded (into my trendy new indoor composter :-) and shredded
1/3 red capsicum, diced
1/2 lebanese cucumber , diced
handful of greeen beans, ends removed and cut into 2cm pieces
handful of snow peas, ends removed and cut into 2cm pieces
1 small tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 small tin super sweet corn kernals, drained & rinsed
1 carrot, pelled and diced
1 avocado, chopped into large chunks
1/3 pack Danish fetta, crumbled

Place all ingredients into a large salad bowl and toss well. The fetta and avocado will coat the vegetables and create a delicious dressing.

Serves 2

Variations:
I usually dry fry some pine nuts or almond slivers in a small frypan and throw them in.
I don't usually add fetta but this was a nice addition - although it did make it less healthy and a bit heavier (I'm feeling like I need to go for a walk...not good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment