Friday, November 20, 2009

So 'n' So's are real So 'n' So's

Unfortunately after feeling ill all week and deciding on a quiet night at home I succumbed to the easy option of ordering home delivery for dinner tonight. I had a flyer from So 'n' So's which advised that I could order online so I plunged in and thought the Chicken on the bone in Thai red curry sauce sounded nice. I also got some steamed rice and roti bread with the expectation that I would be getting a lovely fragrant curry with loads of curry sauce and big pieces of chicken on the bone. I settled back in to watch some TV with a nice glass of Sauv Blanc and received an SMS confirming receipt of my order and advising that delivery would be at 20:04 (order placed at 19:11) The delivery was on time and I went into the kitchen to serve up my dinner...but upon opening the main container I was tempted to run back to the front door to tell the delivery man that I had been given the wrong dish as what I saw before me was a standard chicken and vegetable stir fry with sliced chicken breast and a very minimal amount of pale looking sauce with no enticing aroma. My purported 'chicken on the bone' had unfortunately been separated from the bone long before making it's way into the cook's hands and my promised bone certainly didn't make it into any part of the cooking process. It was merely sliced chicken breast.. But I was hungry so I served up a small meal with the hope that it would taste better than it looked...no luck there...it was just a chicken and vegetable stir fry with tasteless sliced chicken breast, large broccoli & cauliflower florettes, carrot pieces, snow peas and watery sauce with a faint hint of red curry paste out of a jar. I called the restaurant to make sure that I hadn't been delivered the wrong meal but was advised that that is how they cook chicken on the bone at So'N'So's. When I asked how sliced chicken breast is advertised as chicken on the bone she again checked with the cook and advised me that that is how they cook chicken on the bone and that you don't get the chicken on the bone.. Needless to say, I am now waiting for the delivery driver to come and pick up the majority of my meal (I had been planning on throwing it away anyway) and refund my money...live and learn...repeat after me - "Laverton is not known for having good restaurants, do not succumb!"

No comments:

Post a Comment