Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Ramekins Cafe - Carseldine

Update: 7 June 2016

Smashed avo with poached eggs and bacon added


Look at that ooze

Update: 14 August 2015

Sweet Potato & Kale Fritters with an extra egg & avo added

Update: December 2014

In Dec 2014 we called into Ramekins again and I had the Smashed Avo & dukkah with poached eggs, mushrooms, hash brown & ham off the bone. It was served in a small paella pan and was delicious. The poached eggs were nice and runny this time and the dukkah was a nice addition to the standard smashed avo.

We headed back to Ramekins for a lazy Sat breakfast in Aug 2015 and decided on the Eggs Benny with Ham, and the Sweet Potato and Kale Fritters. The fritters were on the smallish side but I had added an extra poached egg and avocado so it was the perfect sized breakfast.

23 June 2013

We were craving hash browns so headed out to Ramekins for a leisurely Saturday breakfast and were quite surprised at how busy they were. We managed to snag a table and ordered coffee and two Big Breakfasts and added some avocado and Hollandaise sauce.

The first thing I always do when my poached eggs arrive is to cut into them and pray that they will be perfectly oozy and delicious. Unfortunately, both eggs were almost completely solid and there was not a runny yolk in sight. My avocado was turning black so I sent it back but luckily the rest of the breakfast was delicious.

Maybe on a quieter day they would be less frantic and the poachies would be nice and runny...perhaps one day I'll return to find out. Until then I'll continue my search for the best breakfast in Brisvegas.

Skinny Cap



Big Breakfast with Avo



3.0 star rating

No comments:

Post a Comment