Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mmmm, pizza!

I was lured to a games night at a friend's house in Elwood last night with the promise of home-made pizzas - yum!

I have tried many different brands of pizza bases over the years but never found one that was anywhere near the stanard you get from a good suburban pizza joint. But that all changed while playing UNO...or was it Cheat? Anyway, we started with a delicious salami, green capsicum, red onion, mushroom & cheese creation by Ali using Aldo's Pizza Bases which come in a twin pack and can be found in the fridge section near the fresh pasta & pasta sauces.

Then came a lovely gourmet pizza with pumpkin, fetta, caramelised onion & rocket pizza. I have no idea what the third one was, something with ham I think...it was very yummy but completely overshadowed by the the finale - meat lovers! I have to admit that when Renee asked for ideas to use us the leftover ingredients I piped up with the suggestion to make a meat lovers pizza :-)

When I got home around midnight I was feeling a little guilty about my indulgence and ended up joining the Biggest Loser Club and have been behaving ever since...but I've now got some Aldo's pizza bases in the freezer just waiting for the next craving to hit....

No comments:

Post a Comment