Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ring in the year

Welcome to 2009!!!

I had an amazing night last night at a friend's party and woke up feeling relatively good considering all of the cocktails and champagne consumed....

I worked out my New Year resolutions a couple of weeks ago, so here goes:
  • restrict drinking to the weekends & special occasions
  • exercise 3-4 times a week
  • participate in fun runs (even if I just walk...)
  • take up some volunteer work (something food related of course!)
  • learn more about gardening (so I don't kill my vegies & plants)
  • watch less TV
  • finish my diploma
  • lose 10kg
  • eat less junk food (oops, I started badly on this one because my friends brought me round a cheeseburger for lunch as a hangover cure..)

Wow, I didn't realise there were so many...but I guess that a lot of them are related to getting fit & healthy.

I guess I'm also not doing so well on No 6 either as I've spent the day watching Food Safari, Food Lovers Guide to Australia, Nigella & Jamie while recovering. Of course this made me pretty hungry so I scoured the freezer for some of Mum's lamb & vegetable soup. I don't have the recipe (yet) but stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment