Sunday, February 22, 2009

Smoked chicken, apricot and feta salad

After some delicious bruscetta with avocado & vine ripened tomatoes for an entree I made this lovely salad for dinner tonight. I didn't have any red wine vinegar or watercress but it was delicious anyway. I think it would go really well with rocket & will try that next time.

Smoked chicken, apricot and feta salad
2 smoked chicken breasts
3 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
1 large handful flat-leaf parsley (I used less as I'm not a huge fan of lots of parsley)
80g (1/2 cup) toasted almonds
2 large handfuls picked watercress
75g marinated feta
2 tablespoons good olive oil
1 tabespoon red wine vinegar
salt and black pepper

Finely shred smoked chicken and put it in a bowl with dried apricots, parsley, almonds and watercress. Crumble over the feta and gently toss with olive oil, red wine vinegar and a good seasoning of salt and black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment