Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mum's Spaghetti Stew

My Mum made this recipe up when I was a kid and I still love it. The only problem is that I find that it can be quite addictive as it reminds me of home :-)
It is quick & easy and freezes & reheats well and can be modified by adding garlic or chilli to taste.

1 onion, chopped
500g mince
2 x 420 g tins Spaghetti

Heat oil in a large frypan and cook onion until soft.
Add mince and cook until brown.
Add spaghetti and simmer for 10 mins.
Serve with chips and salad or mashed potato and green vegies.
Or place into a casserole dish and top with mashed potato and bake as you would a Shepherds Pie.

Source: Mum xxx

1 comment:

  1. I was after a quick recipe to cook and after stumbling across this decided to give it a go.

    I added some garlic and chili and it tasted fantastic. To be honest, I was a little dubious about adding two tins of spaghetti but given the simmering reduced that down it worked really well.

    I agree, it is easy to eat too much...

    ReplyDelete