Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vivere

Feeling very lazy after a day of training I scanned the fridge, freezer and pantry and wasn't surprised when I came up short. I probably should've headed to the supermarket but I wasn't really in the mood for cooking and I've been wanting to test out the pasta at the new Italian restaurant in Point Cook so I grabbed the takeaway menu instead.. I'd tried a small pepperonata pizza ($8 - tomato, cheese, hot salami, olives, capsicums, chillies) last week and was pleasantly surprised. The base was crispy and the toppings managed to hold on tight, there was just the right amount of cheese and it had the perfect level of heat for a chilli lover like me! This time I tried garlic bread ($4) and tortellini pollo ($15 - Chicken pieces with roasted capsicum, mushrooms & spinach in a cream sauce). The first thing I noticed was the aroma of the delicious garlic cream sauce. The tortellini was perfectly cooked and the sliced mushrooms had been cooked into the sauce giving it a lovely colour and flavour. The only suggestions I would give to the chef would be to reduce the size of the pieces of chicken as they were much more than a mouthful and cut the slices of roasted capsicum into smaller strips - at an inch wide by three inches long it was a bit unwieldy. Vivere Restaurant Cafe Bar La Dolce Vitta Pizzeria Take Away Catering Functions Shop 129 Murnong St Point Cook Town Centre Ph (03) 9395 0520 Fax (03) 9395 0529 Mon-Sun 1130-late Sat-Sun Breakfast 0800-1130

No comments:

Post a Comment