Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Twice in one day?

I felt so great after my RPM class this morning and the fact that I'd spent the day out and about (after way too many days stuck inside not achieving much) that I decided to take the puppies out for a walk before dinner.

I have been trying to add some intervals into my walks to boost my heart rate and build my fitness. The puppies have been loving it and it gives me a greater sense of achievement that just a brisk walk.

Tonight I started off as per usual and at the 1km mark Runkeeper told me that my pace was only 10:37 min/km - not good! I always try to stay under 10:00 min/km (or 6km/hr). So I started adding in some slow jogging, then tried to pick up the pace and lengthen each interval. It felt good! Especially when the Runkeeper chic gave me my final average pace of 8:32 min/km.

No comments:

Post a Comment